We First Discuss About , What is Search Engine ?
Search Engine is a software system that allows internet users to search for information on the World Wide Web (WWW).The most important thing is to understand the mechanism of Search Engine before start optimizing the website.
Most popular search engines and it’s (ET/m) estimated traffic per month are mentioned below:
- Google.com (ET/m – 45 Billion)
- Yahoo.com (ET/m – 5 Billion)
- Bing.com (ET/m – 2 Billion)
- Yandex.com (ET/m – 4 Billion)
- Baidu.com (ET/m – 11Billion)
- Duckduckgo.com (ET/m – 489 Million)
- Aol.com (ET/m – 235 Million)
- Ask.com (ET/m – 200 Million)
What is SEO
SEO Meaning & Definition
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving a website or web page so it increases organic traffic quality and quantity from search engines. The world most popular search engine is Google. other search engines (Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo ,Yandex.com, etc.)
Successful Website SEO means a web page will be more likely to appear higher on a search engine results page (SERP).
FACTORS OF SEO
There are many factors that determine ranking of a particular this page
- Keyword density, or the frequency with which a targeted word or phrase appears in the content of the page. (SEO is improved by keywords that are used appropriately.)
- Bounce rate, or how often a user visits the page and exits without visiting any other pages. (High bounce rate can detract from SEO.)
- Metadata, or the information that summarizes the content on the page.
- Social media traffic, which indirectly signals that a page contains content that’s in high demand. (High traffic from social media is beneficial to SEO, but lack of social media traffic doesn’t necessarily have a negative impact.)
- Including backlinks, outbound links, and internal links, which indicate credibility and relevance to and from other content on the internet. (Google looks favorably on sites that strategically direct traffic to other sources.)
- Website’s SSL certificate, which search engines use to verify that site has a secure connection and it’s safe to share personal information.
- Mobile responsiveness, or how a web page adjusts to different screen sizes.
- User experience, or the features that could improve a user’s interaction with the content on a page.
How SEO Work
Everyone who works on a website wants to know how SEO works and how search engine decide the page rank?
Search Engine is just a website where people visit to type a query in a search box and Google, Bing, Yahoo or whatever search engine you are using will replies with a list of links to web pages that could potentially have the answer for the searched query.
How many Types of SEO?
Two type of SEO
1.On-Page SEO 2.Off-page SEO
1.On-Page SEO – When writing an article, whatever content is implemented in the article, optimizing the heading content quality, keyword placement, title, tags, etc. It is called on-page optimization.
2.Off-page SEO – The off-page method we implement to improve a website’s rank on Search Engines, which uses more link building activities, is called off-page optimization.
hoosing the right keyword that is related to your website is a very important aspect to answer when you ask yourself how to search engine optimization. Identifying the query people search in search engine which is related to your site content is known as the targeted keyword.
- Search Volume: First thing you need to check is how many people are actually searching for a given keyword in search engine. The higher the search volume will result is bigger traffic you can get for that particular keyword.
- Relevance: Selecting a keyword that should be relevant to your niche. Sometimes a single keyword will result in multiple queries.
- Keyword Trend: Some queries people search will be having high search volume for a particular set of a period.
- Competitors: Analysis the list of website which is targeting the given keyword. Understanding the relative competition is to consider the effort, potential costs and a likelihood of success for a particular targeted keyword.
HOW TO MEASURE SEO
Search engine optimization monitoring tools like Google Search Console make it easy to get instant data on page-specific or site-wide search engine performance. Users can find information on which queries yield the highest amount of traffic for a given date range, as well as the position a page ranks for specific keywords.
While the search ranking of a page might be the strongest indicator of Search engine optimization performance, there are many other success indicators that are valuable when measuring Search engine optimization. Google Analytics, another website reporting platform, provides context for other metrics that might be directly or indirectly impacting a page’s SERP ranking.
These metrics include:
- Time on page
- Pages per visit
- Mobile traffic
- Bounce rate
- Returning visits